A travel health consult is recommended for all travellers to provide up-to-the-minute, medical advice specific to your planned destinations, activities and your personal health needs. We aim to help ensure your travels are safe and enjoyable.
A travel health consult provides you with individualised:
- Up-to-date pre and post travel advice.
- Vaccine recommendations for disease prevention specific to your destination. These vaccines will be ordered for you specifically following this consult.
- Options to maximise your long term vaccination protection.
- Alerts to possible hazards specific to your destination, such as high risk areas within a country and risks around specific activities on offer there.
- Advice on how to manage illness should this occur during your travel.
- Prescription medicines and instructions for their use for many common conditions such as travellers’ diarrhoea.
- Advice on how to make your travel more comfortable by minimising the effects of travel problems such as jet lag, altitude sickness and motion sickness.
Travel health appointments are for 30 minutes and cost $80. Please tell our receptionist when booking that it is for a travel health appointment.
Please note that vaccinations are an additional cost to the consultation and that payment is required at the time of your appointment before being ordered. Our team will be in touch as soon as they arrive in the medical centre for administration.
Some vaccinations take several months to provide maximum protection, so we advise you to see us as soon possible about your travel plans. If you are on a tight schedule, we will help you get the best protection possible.
Please Note: we are unable to vaccinate for Yellow Fever, you should attend a specialist travel medical professional for those particular vaccinations.
Other travel advice can be accessed through the following sites :